Ninjutsu, or Bujinkan Ninpo Budo Taijutsu, as it is often known. The word Ninja refers to those who practised this art. It is a system of traditional Japanese Martial Arts that demands deep body awareness and is characterized by fluid relaxed movement. The current Head of the system (which is in fact derived from 9 traditional schools) is Dr Masaaki Hatsumi, who is also the current Master of Amatsu Therapy (Japanese Physical Therapy) in Japan.
This is a system of Martial Arts and Contemplation training devised by Master Peter Ralston (The first non-Asian to win the full contact World Martial Arts Tournament in China in 1978), based on his 50 years experience of Martial Arts (including Judo, Aikido, Western Boxing, Tai Chi, Hsing I and Pa Kua), and profound study of Zen. It includes a form of Tai Chi which is a variant on the Yang Style.
Wu Tai Chi
This is a relaxed form of Tai Chi. Its movements are fluid and expansive, enabling greater flexibility, improved posture, and more integrative coordinated movement.
This is a system of gentle breathing and stretching exercises taught by Sifu Sam Li, which again lead to improvement in posture, movement, flexibility, and energy.
The Conscious Martial Arts Team:
- Conscious Martial Arts Chief Instructor
- Training in Martial Arts and Tai Chi since 1994
- Trained with William Doolan (15th Dan) In Ninjutsu since 2000
- Made several trips to train with Masaaki Hatsumi (head of Ninjutsu) in Japan
- Trained with Sam Li (head of Wu Tai Chi ) from 2003 to 2008
- Training under Peter Ralston’ s system of Cheng Hsin (which includes a Tai Chi form) since 2006 (spent a month with the latter on a Body Movement and Martial Arts retreat in 2012)
- Holds a Degree 1 in Cheng Hsin, an 8th Dan in Ninjutsu and teaching rights to Wu Tai Chi
- Amatsu Therapist (Japanese Physical Therapy-treatment of Musculo-skeletal problems) since 2001
- Holds a Batchelor’ s Degree in Psychological Sciences and a Master’ s Degree in Psychoanalytic Studies
- Training since 2006 with Younis Fakhfakh in both Martial Arts and Tai Chi (incl Cheng Hsin and Ninjutsu)
- Trained with William Doolan (15th Dan) in Ninjutsu since 2006
- Trained with Peter Ralston in 2009
- 3rd Dan in Ninjutsu
- Certified Tai Chi teacher
- Has used mindfulness techniques derived from years of meditation and martial arts training to coach and assist people